Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011!


I don't want to say that 2011 sucked ... but it wasn't a barrel of laughs. Nothing dramatic or traumatic happened, but that's the thing (not that I want those things to happen) nothing happened.

I no longer want to live in a state of blah. I want 2012 to be productive, fun and enjoyable.

I spent a lot of time in 2011 doing nothing, waiting ... wasting time. By wasting time I mean just that, not doing anything. I spend a lot of time figuring out what to do instead of just DOING.

For knitting, as an example, I spent a lot of time on Ravelry or the internet saving patterns ... could I tell you what half of them were, nope. Could I tell you what 1/4 of them were ... maybe. Did I knit any of them ... probably not. What a waste of time!

I spent a lot of time browsing online shops, maybe making purchases, maybe not. Do I know what is in my stash ... most, but not all. Why not pick something out of my stash and make something with it?!?!

No more wasting time!

I spent a lot of money on things ... that I haven't used. Books, magazines, needles, yarn. I also spent TIME buying these things and working for the money to buy them. ENOUGH, start USING them.

No more spending money!

I have taken steps in 2011 to be aware of and organize all those things I have. Time to USE them.

Often times I think I am afraid to use something, that it won't come out well. That's one thing I love about knitting, not good?? RIP it out and reclaim it.

I almost never get good FO photos. We live next to 30 acres of conservation land. Why not get out of the house and drag hubby with me (because he needs to get out too) and get some great FO photos in 2012!

2012 will be a year of DOING, USING and MAKING.

I wish you all the best in 2012!!

6 comments:

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Happy New Year, and I wish you the best in DOING, USING, and MAKING! What great resolutions! Thanks for thinking up and organizing Surmount the Stash!

Richard Rose said...

I never think of time spent looking at patterns or yarn as "wasted". I think of it as "research". :)

Best of luck with your DOING, USING and MAKING! Who knows, you might even be DOING, USING and MAKING with some of the stuff you got while "wasting" time.

Margarets designer cards said...

After the year I had I am so glad to see the back of 2011, just an improvement would do for me this year.
I like your style a year of doing, roll on thats what I am hoping to do.
I wish you a very happy new year.
Margaret

Minding My Own Stitches said...

What a great resolution: DOING, USING and MAKING!
Think I'll adopt that, along with BE HAPPY!

Alyssa said...

I like your resolutions, too! I need to get rid of all my crap before I move out west! :P If I ever move!

Anonymous said...

This post really speaks to me, as I feel I wasted a LOT of time last year. Thank you for this. I hope to do much better in 2012. Best of luck to you!