Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yarn Dyeing

The yarn dyeing bug has definitely bitten me. I have so much fun dyeing yarn. And over dyeing adds twice the fun!

This red one, started out as a Louet dye kit in browns ... well the main color was more like terra cotta, which I am not a fan of, so I overdyed it red.



This one was something that I wanted to purchase online, but didn't love the pink in the original, so I did more of a raspberry color for the pink and it came out really good, can't wait to knit this one up ... now to choose a pattern. With this one I used a different method - dipping instead of squirting color on the yarn and it worked wonderfully.



This one was the attempt at the above, but done by laying the yarn on saran wrap and squirting color on it, well the top of the skein always looks great, but underneath, not so much, so I over dyed it all blue and it came out nice shades of green, purple and blue.

No comments: